Lying under Stradbally Mountain, the Cottage is about 200 meters from the entrance to Glanteenassig Forest Park which contains scenic lakes with a variety of hiking trails and enchanting sites. Nearby Lough Slat is just a 5 min walk along a trail leading from the cottage.
There are other Dingle Holiday Cottages but few will offer the tranquillity of An Tigh Beag while still being close to the many sites and activities available on Dingle Peninsula.
- Living/dining room with wood burning stove.
- Two large bedrooms with double and single bed in each.
- Home cinema system with audio (MP3) input.
- 3km to Aughacasla village with shop, petrol station & pub.
- Castlegregory 6km with Supermarket, Pubs, Restaurants, Beaches and Activity Centres.
- Dingle town 30mins via the scenic Conor Pass.
An Tigh Beag Cottage – Eco-Friendly Renovation Project
The project involved the renovation of a complex of pre 1840 buildings including a traditional farm cottage and outbuildings. The finished renovation incorporates many environmentally friendly elements including renewable geothermal heating and the use of traditional materials such as hemp lime renders, thermohemp insulation and recycled timbers. The cottage is fully renovated to include all the modern comforts whilst keeping its original charm and outward appearance.
Native Woodland – Permaculture
The cottage is set on 17 acres of native woodland planted in 2006 beside the Owencashla River and the woodland scheme is designed to promote bio-diversity through ‘close to nature’ silviculture.